This ingredient has many benefits for the skin. The Calming Cream uses the strong water-attracting property, which makes the skin better hydrated and makes the skin feel smoother and more supple.
Avena Sativa (Oat/Haver extract)
The cream contains the natural anti-oxidant compounds from oats, such as polyphenols, flavonoids and the anti-irritant properties of avenanthramides. Several studies have shown that oats soothe irritated skin.
The Greek name for this plant is Althaea Officinalis. Althaea comes from Althaia and means medicine, while Officinalis means apothecary’s workshop. In the Netherlands it is known as marshmallow leaf, has an anti-inflammatory and calming effect on the skin. The external use on eczema spots, boils and dermatitis has been described. More about Mashmallow root
Aqua, Glycerin, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Menthyl Lactate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ectoin, Althaea Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract, Cucumis Sativus Extract, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Xanthan Gum, Isoquercetin, Levulinic Acid, P-Anisic Acid, Ceramide Np, Avena Sativa Kernel Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder*, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Potassium Sorbate, Tocopherol, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Lactic Acid, Phytic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*
Conserved withPotassium Sorbate
Perfect for: Irritated flaky and red skin. It soothes, nourishes and moisturizes the skin
Apply the Calming Cream to the skin several times a day. Can be combined with other care products and treatments from your doctor.
What we care about:
1. Marini A, Reinelt K, Krutmann J, Bilstein A. Ectoine-containing cream in the treatment of mild to moderate atopic dermatitis: a randomised,comparator-controlled, intra-individual double-blind, multi-center trial. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2014;27:57-65.
2. Graf R, Anzali S, Buenger J, Pfluecker F, Driller H. The multifunctional role of ectoine as a natural cell protectant. Clin Dermatol. 2008;26:326-33.
3. Heinrich U, Garbe B, Tronnier H. In vivo assessment of Ectoin: a randomized, vehicle-controlled clinical trial. Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;20:211-8.
Henry F, Arrese JE, Claessens N, Piérard-Franchimont C, Piérard GE. [Skin and its daily chronobiological clock]. Rev Med Liege. 2002 Oct;57(10):661-5.
Shaik YB, Castellani ML, Perrella A, Conti F, Salini V, Tete S, Madhappan B, Vecchiet J, De Lutiis MA, Caraffa A, Cerulli G. Role of quercetin (a natural herbal compound) in allergy and inflammation. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2006;20(3-4):47-52.
5. Maramaldi G, Togni S, Pagin I, et al. Soothing and anti-itch effect of quercetin phytosome in human subjects: a single-blind study. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2016;9:55–62.
6. Dawid-Pać R. Medicinal plants used in treatment of inflammatory skin diseases. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2013;30(3):170–177.
Ask your dermatologist
What is the difference with Iconic Elements sensitive cream?
The sensitive cream is for people with sensitive skin or a tendency to develop skin irritation. The Sensitive cream is suitable for this group of people to keep the fragile skin optimal.
Calming cream is there for when skin irritation, flakes, red areas are present. It is one phase further, it calms irritated skin, itching, redness.